The Greater Stockholm Fire Brigade operates fire and rescue services in 10 municipalities: Danderyd, Lidingö, Solna, Stockholm, Sundbyberg, Täby, Vallentuna, Vaxholm, Värmdö and Österåker.
The Greater Stockholm Fire Brigade has 740 employees, 15 fire stations and 9 rescue corps and serves 1.2 million people in Greater Stockholm area.
The Greater Stockholm Fire Brigade's organisational mission is to run a high-quality, cost-effective business within the field of protection against accidents related to present and future risks in the region, in close cooperation with member municipalities.
- Actively work to ensure that consideration towards risk is exercised early on in the social structure process.
- Actively provide need and customer-oriented information, advice and training.
- Provide need and customer-oriented supervision.
- Perform fast and effective rescue operations when the individual cannot handle the situation him/herself.
- Actively work towards and contribute to achieving optimal risk and crisis management among the member municipalities.
- This shall take place in close cooperation with the member municipalities and be based on the local risk profile and conditions.
Källa: Stockholm stad
Publicerat av: Jonas Nyström
Senast uppdaterat: 2013-02-19